Thursday, May 20, 2010

PRINCIPAL NOTES

Yesterday, I was walking through a kindergarten classroom. I witnessed students writing in their journals about why they like Mr. Lyons. The students wrote about how they enjoyed it when I do walk-throughs and ask them what they are doing, and why they are doing it.

I do walk-throughs of classrooms as much as possible because it is a researched based best practice. What I learned in that encounter yesterday, was that there is always a human side to what we all do as parents and educators. When we ask questions, we show that we value the individual. I try to spend as little time in my office as possible and the majority of my time in the classrooms. I do this because I want to ensure we are developing a love of life long learning and that I care very much about each and every individual child at Pine Glen.

No comments:

Post a Comment