Thursday, July 31, 2014
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Monday, June 23, 2014
3rd graders recently attended an assembly that demonstrated the flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet and trombone. Students interested in beginning lessons on one of these instruments received a notice describing the instrumental program. For more information please go to elemband.wordpress.com. A commitment to practicing at home is essential for success. Beginner lessons will start the week of firstname.lastname@example.org. . Any questions please email Mr. Napierkowski at
Thursday, June 19, 2014
Once again, the Burlington Public Library is hosting a fantastic, science-themed summer reading program called Fizz Boom Read starting on June 26.
If you haven't brought your kids to the Burlington Public Library yet then this summer is a great time to start!
Lots of events, activities, prizes, and (of course) books!
This is a guest post by School Librarian, Laura D'Elia
We are looking for a parent volunteer to help recruit volunteers (55+ local residents) to participate in Bridges Together, a program for fourth graders in Burlington. We would like to expand the program to reach more of the fourth grade classrooms but we need additional volunteers to be able to expand.
Dates: June 2014 - June 2015
- Help support the Bridges programs at Pine Glen and throughout the community – being a bridge between the program, the PTO and the greater community
- Attend the kick-off celebration and a ½ day training in September and be in touch with the Volunteer Coordinator(s) throughout the year via email and/or phone
- Work as a team to recruit seniors for all schools. This includes:
- Posting flyers around town
- Getting blurbs into their school newsletters and religious organization bulletins
- Talking to leaders in organizations they belong to – and helping to coordinate short presentations on Bridges
Attend the reunion (one morning, ) for your school if your schedule permits
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Please stop in the health office by 781-270-1713.to pick up any medications that you brought in for your child. After this date, the medications will be discarded. Also--Reminder to All Third Grade Parents--Updated physicals are required by State Law for students entering fourth grade. Please send a copy of your child's most recent physical to the health office. If you have any questions, please call the health office at