Here in the LTC, we love watching students borrowing books every week. And we especially love it when students find themselves engrossed in a great book. However, sometimes students forget to bring those books back so others can enjoy them, too.
LTC's Borrowing Policy:
- Borrowing time for books is 3 weeks
- Borrowing time for magazines is 1 week
- An item will be happily renewed if more time is needed
- There is no limit as to the number of items students may borrow (Exception is Kindergarten--2 items at checkout regardless of items previously checked out)
- Students with overdue items will not be prevented from borrowing
- However, students with 4 or more overdue items will get a temporary hold on borrowing
We are happy to announce that we are now using an email notification system to alert you of your child's overdue library items. Every Monday at 8am, if your child has an overdue item, you will receive an email. It is not an overdue bill, merely a notification.
Here are the reasons why we are implementing this new notification system:
- Better communication between the LTC and parents
- Better return rate of overdue items when parents are involved
- Less work for the LTC staff
- Faster resolution of overdue issues such as lost items
- Less paper!
- Less work with a higher return rate! (Did I mention that one already?)
As always, please contact me if you have any questions about your child's library items.
Thank you for your support in helping our children to become strong readers & responsible library users.
Laura D'Elia, School Librarian