Wednesday, September 8, 2010


We love to have volunteers at Pine Glen School.  It would be very difficult to do field trips without our wonderful chaperons.   The first step in being a volunteer (chaperoning on a field trip) is to be CORI checked. 

Burlington School Policy requires all volunteers to be CORI checked.
If you are unsure about your CORI being up to date, please email Mrs. Gosselin ( to confirm. A CORI can be completed at Central Office located at Burlington High School.

The CORI form may be obtained at the Burlington Public School Office of the Superintendent during business hours 8:00am to 4:00pm. Photo identification, such as a driver's license or a passport, is required to complete the process.

Below are some frequently asked questions and answers related to the CORI Form. 

Q. Where do I get the Form?
A. The CORI Form is at the Superintendent's Office. 

Q. What do I bring to the Superintendent's Office to complete the form?
A. You must bring photo identification with you. It can be a driver's license, a passport or a college ID.

Q. How far in advance do I need to fill out the form if I plan to volunteer?
A. You need to complete the CORI information 10 days in advance.

Q. How will I know if I have "passed" the CORI?
A. If you do not receive a notice from the Superintendent's Office, you have "passed".

Q. How often do I have a CORI report done?
A. All current or prospective employees, volunteers, subcontractors, school bus drivers, and laborers commissioned by the school department who may have direct and unmonitored contact with children will have a criminal offenders records check conducted periodically, but not less than every three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment