The PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) is a vital component to any school. Parent participation is the best way to show support for your child's school and teachers, and shows that you value your child's education.
The Pine Glen School benefits greatly from our PTO, but so can you as parents. It can provide you with an excellent forum for parental concerns and issues, a communication network for sharing ideas, and a wonderful way to meet other parents and families.
Your PTO cannot survive, however, without active parental support. We welcome and encourage participation from all parents. Meetings are generally held on the first Thursday of most school months. Please come and support the Pine Glen School and our students.
How Does the PTO help Pine Glen?
• Defrays cost of field trips
• Kindergarten orientation & t-shirts
• Camp Bournedale scholarships
• Halloween Dance
• D.A.R.E. Graduation
• Family BBQ
• Fifth grade Cedardale Trip
• Fifth grade graduation and yearbook
• BHS scholarships
• Teacher/Staff appreciation lunch
• Five Star General rewards
• Enrichment programs
• Playground equipment
• Computer hardware/software
• School Spirit committee
• B.E.E.P. programs
• Ice Cream Social
• School beautification
• School Calendar/Handbook
• School Telephone Directory
• Pre-School reading program
How Can YOU Help?
• Pay your annual dues (giving you voting rights at PTO meetings).
• Attend some or all of the eight PTO meetings held in September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and May. Be part of the decision-making process.
• Volunteer your time by participating on a committee or helping on the day of night of an event.