Pine Glen Elementary School
Pine Glen Way Burlington, MA 01803 781-270-1712 John Lyons, Principal
March 5, 2018
The dismissal and arrival procedures at Pine Glen Elementary School were designed in coordination with the Burlington Police Department and Burlington Fire Department. I know we all share the same goal of keeping the students safe. Please be mindful of the following points below for drop-off/pick-up.
- Do not pass school buses while they are discharging and boarding students. By state law, buses may never be passed if their lights are flashing.
- Vehicles should be in the park gear while students are entering and exiting the vehicle.
- As vehicles progress through the line, please drive your vehicle to the top of the “horseshoe” if you are next in the flow in order that we can have the most students exit at one time.
- Do not text or be on a mobile device while operating your vehicle.
- Please have children ready to exit by the time you enter the school-yard. Teach them to be independent about getting out of car seats and seatbelts.
- Please have messages, goodbyes, hugs, and kisses taken care of prior to arrival to prevent a backup in the drop-off /pick-up line. It is not safe to have parents exiting a running car.
- Once students have left the car at arrival please proceed. I know it is fun to watch students enter the building, but this results in slowing down the drop-off line.
- The drop-off/pick-up procedure is not to take place at other locations other than the designated area.
- Parents cannot ask to take students out of a bus line while they boarding a bus at dismissal.
- Please contact the school before 11:30 AM if dismissal plans change for the bus or pick-up.
The Burlington Police Department, The Burlington Fire Departments, and the Pine Glen staff greatly appreciate your past and future assistance in keeping all the students safe.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.