Friday, March 31, 2017

Note to Parents & Students

March 27, 2016

Dear Parents and Students,

After February vacation it was brought to my attention that dancers at Suzanne’s Dance Connection had a dress rehearsal planned on the same evening as our Pine Glen Spring Concert. Since that time I have reached out to SDC in order to achieve some sort of compromise so that the affected students could participate easily in both events (I am unable to change the day of the concert, and SDC can’t change their rehearsal). After repeated attempts at communication, I have only ever received one response in which I was told that I would get a call from the studio to discuss the matter further, and that call has never come.
I realize the tough position this puts both students and parents in. I have spoken to some of the girls affected and they are truly upset by the dilemma. Unfortunately, a choice needs to be made. In my opinion, a performance, the last concert at Pine Glen for many of them, is more important than a rehearsal. I believe everyone should make the effort to be here for the concert that all the students have worked so hard to create. When performers are missing, the work of the group suffers. In addition, that evening is also the Art and Technology show which showcases your child’s hard work from throughout the year.
That being said, I understand that everyone needs to make the choice you think is right for your family. I will be as flexible as possible in the hope that everyone will make the effort to be here on that night and split your time between the rehearsal and the concert. All I ask is that if you are unable to participate in the evening performance (all students will still perform in the morning for the younger grades) that you let me know as soon as possible. I plan to hold try-outs for speaking parts, solos, and other special roles, and I need to know who will be able to attend before making these decisions.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns. E-mail is best because I can reply at any time. If you call and leave a message I’ll return your call as soon as possible.


Thank you,

Jennifer Agati

781-221-7785

No comments:

Post a Comment