Friday, October 31, 2014

Message From New Guidance Counselor




Dear Parents and Guardians,

My name is Lauren Zanotti and I am the new School Counselor at Pine Glen Elementary School. I am thrilled to be a part of this wonderful school and to begin my work with students and families.

I received a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Emmanuel College. Shortly after college, I started working as a Counselor on a psychiatry floor at Children's Hospital Boston. It was during that time that I made the decision to spend my life working with children and families in a counseling capacity.  I went on to earn my Masters Degree in School Counseling from the University of Massachusetts Boston. Before coming to Pine Glen, I was employed as a School Counselor in the Springfield and Boston public schools.


In my free time, I love spending time with friends and family, being active, cooking and traveling. I recently became an aunt for the first time which is very exciting! Also, I will be adopting a dog soon and very much look forward to having my first pet. These other "roles" in my life contribute so positively and strongly to my work as a counselor. 


As a School Counselor, my primary responsibility is to promote the academic, personal, and social well-being of all students.  I look forward to offering support to the students, staff, families and community.  I will be meeting with students individually and in small groups, conducting classroom lessons, meeting with parents, collaborating with teachers and staff, and consulting with community organizations to support and meet the needs of all Pine Glen students and families.

I am here to help students achieve their personal/social and academic goals, as well as provide support for the parents and teachers. I can be reached by email at 
lzanotti@bpsk12.org or phone at 781-270-1715.

Sincerely, 

Lauren Zanotti 

No comments:

Post a Comment