Sunday, April 21, 2013

Heroes and Helpers


Dear Pine Glen Elementary School Community, 


This year our Pine Glen Elementary School Community has had to endure a second senseless tragedy.  In many ways it is not do you know someone that was affected by the Boston Marathon tragedy but, who do you know that was effected?  

Our entire Pine Glen Community was happy to hear that Mrs. Visocchi who was running the Marathon for a second time was safe.      

This tragedy that touched all of us in many different ways.  I have done a complete media blackout for my youngest daughter who turned 5 last week and monitored the information my 8 year old daughter has learned.  One of the things I stressed to her were heroes and helpers.  My family had two close friends that were nurse volunteers in the medical tent at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  They saved many lives on Monday.  My daughter knows both these women who in addition to being great nurses and wonderful wives and mothers are now heroes.  It has been helpful for my daughter to know that no matter what happens good people will be there to help and keep us safe just like our friends did that day.  

One Monday just like everyday at Pine Glen Elementary School we will work to support our children the same way we always do, with compassion and a lot of tender loving care.  I thank you for the joy your children bring me everyday.  I am also thankful that I get to work with heroes everyday at Pine Glen Elementary School and along with them I will make sure they are in a safe place that has as it's mission to develop a life long love of learning.   


Sincerely,


John Lyons, M.S. Ed.
Principal 
Pine Glen Elementary School  



The resources cited below can be accessed directly by using the Ctrl+click keys on your keyboard or by pasting the link directly into your browser:

1 comment:

  1. After we heard the news my daughter said,"Oh no, Ms. Visocchi runs the marathon!" we are glad to hear she is safe.

    ReplyDelete